Full-Stack Software Engineers
We are looking for full-stack software engineers with a passion for building complex web applications. The ideal candidates will have the opportunity to build out a sophisticated data manipulation and visualisation framework accompanying a cloud-based RESTful middleware system as well as a suite of high-performance analytics and data manipulation subsystems. This software drives the groundbreaking data management platform Quantemplate.
Quantemplate is a self-service data management and analytics platform, initially targeted at the needs of the insurance market. Its sophisticated yet easy-to-use front-end empowers end users to import, clean and normalise data from disparate, loosely-structured sources and then configure reports with a range of analyses that are executed in real time, providing an immersive user experience.
The successful candidates will join a growing team of expert computer scientists and engineers with a vast amount of advanced cloud and web application delivery experience. The candidates will be required to work full time at our office in the heart of London’s vibrant Shoreditch. Remuneration is at the top end of the spectrum for the qualification level as we reward talent and expect high quality results.
- Proficient at delivering systems with Scala and Akka.
- Sophisticated knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 6+ standards and RESTful web services.
- Understanding and appreciation of software architecture and design principles.
- Practical experience with ‘cloud’ based architectures, ideally AWS
- Some appreciation of both the aesthetic and usability requirements of good front-end design.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Able to lead work within a team, working closely with other senior engineers to design and build solutions. Happy taking full technical ownership of delivered solutions.
- Able to work independently on tasks and and maintain focus.
- Comfortable working in an intense, delivery focused environment.
- Computer Science BSc minimum from a good university (Russell Group or international equivalent).
- At least 3 years full-time commercial experience of engineering software.
Remuneration and rewards
- Extremely competitive salary.
- Potential for share options based on performance.