At Quantemplate we’re always looking for new team members to help us unlock the data that powers insurance. In our Old Street office, our core team works across all aspects of our platform: frontend, backend, infrastructure and devops.
Quantemplate is a self-service data transformation and analytics platform for the commercial insurance market. Its sophisticated yet easy-to-use front-end empowers users to import, clean and normalise data from disparate, loosely-structured sources and then configure reports with a range of analyses that are executed in real time.
Working at Quantemplate you’ll have the opportunity to solve interesting technical problems, help craft a richly interactive front end and ship working software to customers several times per week.
What we work with
Our engineers like to think full-stack. You don’t need to be an expert in all things, but we encourage team members to expand their capabilities and try something in a new domain.
These are the key tools we use to build Quantemplate:
- Frontend: React/Redux/Emotion with Typescript
- Backend: Akka with Scala, Postgresql
- Infrastructure: AWS cloud stack with Ansible, CloudFormation
What we care about
We’re looking for people who will enhance our culture as well as our technical capabilities. Here are some principles that the team agree on:
- Functional first – be it backend or front, functional languages help us to write clear, concise code with fewer bugs.
- Cross functional teams – whether you’re a generalist or a specialist, no-one works alone. Cooperation within teams of Frontend/Backend/Domain knowledge/UX/Infrastructure/Devops skill sets are how we achieve the best solution for our customers.
- Comfort with complexity – building something meaningful often means dealing with complexity. Being comfortable approaching big problems as a team is important, but so is looking for opportunities to simplify.
- Empowered agile – Different teams and goals require different methodologies and techniques. The fundamental tool is the regular retro to drive constant improvement in how we work.
What we are looking for
- A variety of levels of commercial experience, minimum 3 years
- Computer Science based degree OR have taken the time to learn the fundamentals of software engineering
- Good understanding in at least one area of our stack and interested to learn about other areas over time
What we offer
- Flexible working
- Supportive environment
- Up-to-date equipment and tooling
- Benefits available: pension scheme, bonus scheme, private health insurance, gym membership, opportunity to attend conferences, cycle-to-work scheme, 25 days annual leave (plus 8 UK public holidays) and the option for extended parental leave.
Quantemplate is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of age, race, sex, disability, or beliefs.